With 2011 heading into the last lap, I thought I would send out a “green” reminder.
For those of us who have a colourful print calendar hanging on the wall, it is almost time to turn the page for that last month of December. Then, when it gets to the last day, New Year’s Eve, remember to SAVE THAT CALENDAR!
You can upcycle it or any colourful brochures in the new year, 2012.
How can I do that, might you be wondering?
I have found many uses for these, often beautiful, theme based calendars and picture filled brochures.
Here are some suggestions upcycling these items:
- Frame some of the pictures–quality paper and photos are a great DIY decoration;
- Scenic views of lakes and mountains can be used to decorate home-made greeting cards;
- Select some photos that appeal to you for collages & vision boards;
- Make some name book cards– fold a piece of paper, cut and paste shapes of letters and, voila, you have a book!
- Scrapbook decorations–so many graphics, numbers, letters will be great additions to your scrapbooking efforts.
- Crafts with young children–again, many books, pictures, posters can be made by children with these resources.
Instead of throwing out one of your favourite calendars, the latest colourful brochure, think twice.
File it (them) with your craft supplies. Later, you can upcycle them into something else. You will be happy that you did.
- Upcycled Jars (provisionshop.wordpress.com)
- Get Crafty This Holiday Season (assistaugusta.wordpress.com)
- Décor Dictionary: Recycling & Upcycling (thedesigntabloid.com)