Lately, there have been quite a few events to celebrate for family with a wedding, a job, a birthday and anniversary–so much for which to be thankful every day!
As I thought about these blessings, this gave me pause to stop and look around at some of the great assets in our local community of two cities, Kitchener and Waterloo, sometimes considered twins, definitely fraternal, not identical.
As they each have many attributes, I am only going to mention 3 of them in my post:
- The first one is a popular and engaging place called The Museum. Here is an upbeat video that reflects the tone of the place and its people. Enjoy!
- The second one is The Dove Tale group of writers who have been writing and publishing their work for several years. Although I am newcomer to this group, I have known many of them in the community as they have been active writers. Next week, I will join them in a book launch, for a new anthology entitled: taking a bite of the apple–revelations.
- The third in my list of attributes is a food shop–Dana Shortt Gourmet. Having just celebrated 7 years of retail success, this little store is packed with tasty treats and quality food, along with a choice selection of oil and vinegar varieties. There are freshly baked items along with frozen, read to bake or heat and serve. Monthly specials such as a frozen chili and some scone selections caught my eye. On Grey Cup Day, the chili was delicious; the cheddar scones were excellent. The next morning, I even topped off a reheated scone with some Wellesley apple butter for a breakfast treat!
These are only a few of the attributes found in this rapidly growing community of Kitchener & Waterloo! Check them out!
- Lights of Life (waterloobikes.ca)
- Regional taxation (kscian.wordpress.com)
- The most amazing bar I’ve ever been to (eat-spin-run-repeat.com)