Holidays are upon us! Whatever you celebrate or not, the actual year, 2011, is coming to an end.
Do you have some favourite memories of this year? Book them in an accordion book!
Here is a list of possible memorable moments:
- change of job or location
Take a moment to recall the year. Is there a special series of events you might like to remember? Make a list–check it twice if necessary.
Materials: one or several sheets of paper (one-sided print), pictures/photos from old calendars, magazines or catalogues, markers, coloured pencils, computer printouts
Then, select some papers to upcycle into a book. With a few folds, you can create some accordion books for capturing some of these moments. This photo shows an accordion book that I made last year. I cut out shapes and pictures from an old calendar.
- Take a paper–recycle a one-sided print sheet to make a “green” book.
- Fold in half , then fold in half again.
- Open & take outer edge to middle, fold and press .
- Take the other outer edge, fold to middle and press.
- Open to see the “W” shape you have made. It will open and shut like an accordion!
- This can form one book, an accordion book.
- Once your book is made, record with words and pictures/sketches, some of the main 2011 events.
If you have several memorable moments, make 2 or 3 accordion books to attach to each other.
This book can be as simple or detailed as you wish. Great all-ages project for little hands, older adults, even a time-filler for creative teens!
Have fun! Remember to store your accordion book in a special place to look back at 2011.
Enjoy these remaining 2011 days!