Adam Beach and a cast of talented, sometimes familiar, actors are starring in a new drama production filled with conflict and characters of all sorts–people and airplanes, set in the Northwest Territoriesof Canada.
Bobby Martin played by Adam Beach, a former resident of Yellowknife returns to his hometown with an MBA in his pocket and bit of baggage from the past. Knowledgeable and good-natured, entrepreneurial ambitions get caught up with friend connections and familial ties. No spoilers here!
Despite a bit of rough language, there were 3 main strengths of this new show that appealed to me:
- Setting–Northwest Territories–beautiful fly-overs, lakes in abundance in this first pre-winter episode;
- Characters–varied in nature and age–relatives, townspeople, visitors, high school classmates;
- Atmosphere–inter-twining of culture–use of English primarily but with some dubbed translation for Aboriginal Dene language at times in sister-brother conversation ; architecture of modern city buildings along with more wood-based structures.
If you missed the first episode, drop by CBC online to check it out. Look to the North for a new view!
- Adam Beach in Arctic Air (polarprisca.com)
- CBC’s Arctic Air all set to take off (arts.nationalpost.com)