Poetry is bliss! Whether I read, write, sing, listen to it, poetry makes my day! That is why the Poetry Month of April is such an amazing month for me despite rain, snow, wind, and mud.
Last year I wrote a blog post, urging people to Celebrate Poetry Month With ‘Poem in Your Pocket Day’ .
In 2012, I am celebrating once again by upcycling a piece of paper into a small book as a home for a poem.
There are many simple, foldable formats for making such a book that is small enough to carry in your pocket.
Here are 3 possibilities:
- I have just discovered a new version of this one-pager at a link from Cathy Miranker.
- If you wish to make a Stapleless Book, just click here and you can stop by a site often used in schools but available to others.This site is very user-friendly with a step by step approach for you to make a small poem such as mine in this photo.
- Microsoft Office also has a downloadable template for such a book.
Have fun! These small books are fun to gift and share!:)
- T is for Twitter (catherinemjohnson.wordpress.com)
- The Trouble With Poetry by Billy Collins (tommuellerbooks.com)
- Celebrate National Poetry Month at your Dublin Library! (dublinlibrary.wordpress.com)