There was an intermittent occurrence of rain, but overall, the Match was a success, a chance for rural urban interchanges. Looking back at antique machinery, seeing beautiful Belgian horses in the field, colourful gourds and all sorts of agricultural goods on display made for a fun day. Walking the fields from tent to tent on a sunny autumn day just came as an added bonus.
Next year, if the International Plowing Match is in your area, check it out!
- Ontario plowing contests celebrate farm skills (northcountrypublicradio.org)
- Waterloo farmers head to Croatia for world plowing championships (metronews.ca)
- Ontario Agriculture Minister announces Local Food Act (lfpress.com)
- Dalton McGuinty promises bill to promote local food (thestar.com)
- Pumpkin Crop Thriving Despite Drought (nbc15.com)