Well it has been quite a day!
Mental health was in the forefront of social media, print sources and audio resources.
The efforts of celebrities from all fields, professionals and average citizens were focused and encouraging to all of us to talk and to listen. In the recent past, I have shared some of my poetry in an anthology of works that focused on a theme of trying to get Beyond the Dark Room.
This drive to discuss mental health has been spearheaded by a corporation known to many as Bell at http://letstalk.bell.ca/en/ .
The mental health statistics were shared by networks throughout the day. Clearly mental health is an issue in frequency but it is also one that needs to be approached with a more positive attitude. Mental health challenges face so many; it is time to work together towards mental wellness.
In the last 24 hours, I viewed and was impacted by 3 productions:
- Bell Let’s Talk – Mental Health Awareness | Disorders, Depression –
- Darkness and Hope
- Talk to Me The Story of James Patrick Peek
Each story shares the reality of mental health challenges and the need to talk about them rather than hide them or silence them.These links are worth a look and may save a life!
- Clara Hughes: ‘I want to erase the stigma’ of mental health issues (thestar.com)
- Let’s Talk with Bell (merzybean.wordpress.com)
- Clara Hughes: ‘I want to erase the stigma’ of mental health issues (metronews.ca)
- Student mental health needs attention, TDSB says (cp24.com)
- Haligonians break texting record while bringing attention to mental health issues (metronews.ca)
- Let’s Talk About Mental Health (angeladueck.wordpress.com)