Summer is here!
July days of heat and sunshine usually translate into vacation time.
This year we are having a staycation for the holidays.
You might be wondering about that term, basically a stay-at-home holiday. It turns out that there are many places to visit within an hour or so; others are right here in our community. Choices range from seeing a play by Shakespeare or Shaw, Wonderland visit, a day at the beach, conservation areas with hiking trails and so much more.
Sometimes, it is great just to hang out around home:
- catch a movie–The Great Gatsby, latest Star Trek and Superman flicks
- select a summer read–Susanna Kearsley has written The Firebird
- write a poem or two–summer is such a great inspiration!
Enjoy the summer!
*This brief (under 60 words) poem is posted in response to the vacation prompt at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.ca/2013/07/words-count-with-mama-zen.html .
The pool is primed and ready
the shrubs are trimmed and neat
cool drinks are made
the picnic is set
staycation is hard to beat!© 2013 Patricia A. McGoldrick
- No Money for a Vacation? (wisewomeninvestor.wordpress.com)
- How To Plan A Fun, Inexpensive NYC ‘Staycation’ (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- Staycations For Teenagers (livestrong.com)
- Workin’ 9 to 5 (and seeing how others in the world take vacations) (ecogrrl.net)