One of our family vacations involved a trip to the Canadian Maritime provinces.
Once we arrived at the ocean, one of our chief objectives was to see the world-renowned tides at the Bay of Fundy. We were not disappointed. So amazing it was to see the impact of the tide as it rolled in and out. My tide poem, inspired by a Poetic Bloomings prompt, is shared below in this blog post. Enjoy!
TIDES OF FUNDY!
© 2013 Patricia A. McGoldrick
we are left in awe
as we visit
this Maritime wonder.
Muddy shore and valley
Dotted with species and splayed specimens–
Here comes the tide!
- World Tidal Dominance: Bay of Fundy Vs. Ungava Bay (wbonner0.wordpress.com)
- Fundy Fun (rdogilvie.wordpress.com)
- St. John and the Bay of Fundy (ameasureofmadness.wordpress.com)
- Rare orange lobster caught in Bay of Fundy (cbc.ca)
- The Hopewell Rocks and Moncton (ameasureofmadness.wordpress.com)