This week has been a smooth start for our traditionally chilly autumn.
With evening temperatures close to the daytime level, it has been so pleasant for walking in the neighbourhood after supper.
The sky has been alternating between light white clouds, blue background and even a bit of pink!
Apples are everywhere!
This is a great time to buy local and to enjoy a healthy snack, grown close to home.
Check out this recipe for apple cranberry coconut crisp by Judith Finlayson. I have made this several times, with a few alterations. Not so much of a cranberry fan so I add blueberries. Whatever you choose, the result is delicious, fills the house with a wonderful aroma and is ready to serve in a relatively short time. Keeps well in the refrigerator for a couple of days.
Have a great weekend, All ! Maybe check out a local market or apple festival, or two! 🙂
- Apple + Cinnamon Chips (awakenyourwellbeing.com)
- Just the Crisp Oatmeal Recipe (nutrientpunch.wordpress.com)
- Cinnamon Apple Chips (jibberjabberngrub.wordpress.com)
- 50 Delicious Apple Recipes from Sweet to Savory (thehappyhousewife.com)
- 12 Cinnamon Breakfast Sweets We Love (sweets.seriouseats.com)